The One Ring

Bill Russell has eleven, Mike Jordan has six (as does Robert Horry), Magic and Rodman each earned five, Shaq has four, Larry's won three, and even little Stevie Kerr has five. Dwayne got his last year, Lebron's still looking, and Stockton, Malone, Barkley and a whole slew of other superstars will never get one.

So the question is: How many rings do you want?

I've personally been lusting after a fantasy championship ring since Josten's started producing football ones a few years ago. Sadly, both of my fantasy championships (one each in football and basketball) came pre-ring era. Now that we present each winner with a ring, I can't win a damn thing. My keeper football team is in shambles, our old basketball league fell apart...

But it's the dawn of a new day. Josten's has finally released fantasy basketball rings (along with baseball and hockey versions) and I've already got my fingers sized up. In fact, I've already figured out which finger(s) will be decorated first. I'd like to get one hand full of football rings and the other full of basketball rings.

I'm gonna look pretty stupid at forty years old wearing my fantasy bling, but hey, I'll have earned it and I'm gonna show off my hardware with pride -- forever.

The hunt for our inaugural championship ring starts today, get geeked.

1 comments :: The One Ring

  1. I love my rings, I sport the bling anytime I can. Can't wait to get fitted for my bball championship ring. The season is only a formality, because we already know I'm going to win.

    Buffy

    Anonymous

    4:16 PM